You are in for a real treat with this cocktail. The combination of naturally sweet and just the right amount of sour to make your lips pucker! To really get your guests wanting more, add some raw Honeycomb onto the platter to enjoy with cheese to have on the side.
Honeycomb – One of Nature’s Hidden Gems
Honeycomb is rustic, sweet, sophisticated, and rich – a completely natural way to elevate your plate, platter or even better… your cocktail! Honeycomb is simply casings of the honey where the bees store their finished products. The casing is made of tiny hexagonal cylinders of wax, that is perfectly fine (and delicious) to eat!
Manuka South Honeycomb is pure, raw, and completely edible – cut directly from the hive, straight to the jar! It is distinctively chewy, with a little crunch here and there from the bits of crystallized honey, and is oozing with liquid honey, making it sweet, rich, and extremely tasty.
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 1/2 tsp NZHF Mānuka Honey Multifloral Blend
- 1/2 Manuka South Honeycomb - Cut into 2cm squares frozen, then put onto toothpicks
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 3/4 cup chosen Gin
- 6tbsp dry vermouth
- 6tbsp Fresh orange juice
- 1/4 fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup soda water
- Orange rind strips
- Combine 2tsp hot water and 2 1/4 Mānuka Blend in a cocktail shaker
- Add 1 cup ice, 6tbsp gin, 3 tbsp vermouth, 3 tbsp orange juice and 1ounce lemon juice
- Shake for 1 minute
- Strain into 3 glasses
- Top each with soda
- Place orange rind strip in each glass
- Add frozen Honeycomb
- Repeat above procedure to make more